Monday, January 9, 2012

Alternator belt broke, replaced now vehicle does not start?

Maybe I wasnt clear about the vehicle I am talking about. This is a 1987 acura legend 2.7 liter v6 programmed fuel injection, with v belts. However it has electronic fans and is front wheel drive. I want an answer not crap Im sure somebody knows, please and thank you. I was driving the other night and my alternator belt broke and the car was still running just fine, until I stopped at an intersection and then my other belt broke which goes to my power steering pump. The car then shut down and would not start back up. The only belt that did not break was my ac compressor belt. So I went and got an alternator belt and put it back on the alternator hoping that would fix it and it wont start at all now. I havent replaced the one in the pump yet as I was just hoping to get it home but it will not start or even try to start unless you crank it excessively and hold your foot to the floor and even then it will sputter but will not fully start. This is a nice car And we have had it since 1987 so we refuse to get rid of it. This car ran like it was brand new, perfect until those belts broke and now it wont start. The timing belt is there and my alternator was fairly new, also I bought the battery 3 days ago so I know it is not bad as the car cranks with absolutely no problem and there was no signs of anything being bad before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment